LEIMAY Fellowship 2019-2020: Open Call for Dancers, Choreographers, Actors, Performance Artists, Directors, Body-Workers, Dance Companies, Theater Groups, and Performance Groups
ABOUT THE LEIMAY Fellowship:
The LEIMAY 1 year Fellowship provides an arena for artistic exploration, resource sharing, and professional development to a local community of dancers, choreographers, theater artists, interdisciplinary artists, and body-workers who seek a space to teach or to create their work in a supportive environment of fellow artists and direct creative support from LEIMAY Artistic Directors.
The fellowship can have two different or overlapping focuses: artistic process or teaching.
The LEIMAY Fellowship lasts for 12 months; the next Fellowship period begins November 1st, 2019 and ends October 31st, 2020.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 22nd, 2019, midnight, EST.
- Two in-studio peer-showings & resource sharing sessions to engage in conversation around your work with other fellows and LEIMAY Artistic Directors. As well as to exchange resources on methods for self-production, work outreach, and community development. (Fellows focused on teaching don’t have to show work, however, they are expected to engage in the resource sharing aspect of the sessions).
- Up to 9 hours per week of regular studio use for artistic process work or up to 6 hours per week for teaching activities.
- Access to Material for the Arts supplies.
- The inclusion of Fellows activities in LEIMAY’s email newsletter and online publication/network (conectom).
- Discounts for performances presented by LEIMAY at other venues and to LEIMAY LUDUS Classes, Labs, and Intensives.
Artists/Teachers are responsible to pay a monthly fellowship fee of $300 for each of the 12 months of the Fellowship.
Interviews will be scheduled at CAVE in Brooklyn, NY September 18 -27 2019. Artists will be notified of selection and award on October 1st, 2020.
Fellowship Starts November 1st.
- October 22, 6 pm to 9 pm: Meet the Fellows / Intro Meeting
- April 1, 6 pm to 10 pm: Peer Show-Resource Share #1
- August 19: Peer Show-Resource Share #2
- September 27 – Celebration at community garden 3 pm
Each Fellow will have UP TO 9 hours per week to use the space. The studio will be made available during the week from 9am-10pm (excluding times of scheduled classes). Chosen Fellows will be able to use the studio for a maximum of 40 hours per month.
ABOUT THE STUDIO:
The studio space is 450 square feet with 16 foot – 11 foot ceilings. It has a sprung, marley floor, skylights to bring in natural light, and is equipped with a stereo system, folding chairs, a table, and an adjacent restroom. The space is heated during the winter and has fans for the summer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill out and submit the application form by September 22, 2019.
More detailed description of LEIMAY Fellowship expectations and support HERE
MORE QUESTIONS? Please contact email@example.com.