Call for Dancers, Choreographers, Actors, Performance Artists, Directors, Body-Workers, Dance Companies, Theater Groups, and Performance Groups
ABOUT THE LEIMAY Fellowship:
The LEIMAY 1 year Fellowship provides an arena for artistic exploration, resource sharing and professional development to a local community of dancers, choreographers, interdisciplinary artists, and body-workers who seek a space to teach or to create and share their work in a supportive environment of fellow artists.
The fellowship can have two different or overlapping focus: artistic process or teaching.
The LEIMAY Fellowship lasts for 12 months; the next Fellowship period begins October 1st, 2018 and ends September 30th, 2019.
The final deadline for the online application: EXTENDED September 14, midnight, EST.
- Two resource sharing sessions with other Fellows and LEIMAY Artistic Directors (Session structure is decided by the group at the beginning of the Fellowship. Past sessions have focused on practice sharing, methods for self-production, work outreach, and community development.)
- Two in studio peer-showings to engage in conversation around your work with other fellows and LEIMAY Artistic Directors. (This does not apply to Fellows focused on teaching)
- Up to ten hours per week of regular studio use for artistic process work or up to 6 hours per week for teaching activities
- Access to Material for the Arts supplies.
- conectom features for classes/workshops/performances.
- The inclusion of activities in LEIMAY’s email newsletter
- Discounts for performances presented by LEIMAY at other venues and to LEIMAY LUDUS Classes, Labs, and Intensives.
Artists/Teachers are responsible to pay a monthly fellowship fee of $325 for each of the 12 months of the Fellowship.
ABOUT ACCESS TO THE LEIMAY STUDIO:
Each Fellow will have UP TO 8 to 10 hours per week to use the space (Depending on fellowship focus). The studio will be made available during the week from 9am-10pm (excluding times of scheduled classes). Chosen Fellows will be able to use the studio for a maximum of 36 hours per month.
ABOUT THE LEIMAY STUDIO:
LEIMAY’s Studio at CAVE is a 750 square foot (19ft X 40ft) white space with sprung wood floor and 16 ft ceilings with skylights to bring in natural light, and is equipped with a VCR, DVD, monitor, and stereo system, folding chairs and a table, a dressing area, and an adjacent restroom. The space is heated during the winter and has fans for the summer. Chosen artists will be responsible for self-management and keeping the studio clean.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill out and submit the application form by September 14th, 2018.
More detailed description of LEIMAY Fellowship expectations and support HERE
MORE QUESTIONS? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.