ABOUT THE LEIMAY Fellowship:
Fellowship- Friendly association, esp. with people who share one’s interests.
Through this Fellowship, LEIMAY aims to provide an arena for artistic exploration, resource sharing and professional development to the local community of dancers, choreographers, interdisciplinary artists, and body-workers; all who seek the space to create and share their work in a supportive environment of fellow artists.
The LEIMAY Fellowship lasts for 12 months; the next Fellowship period begins October 1st, 2016 and ends September 30th 2017.
Final deadline for the online application closes August 19th 2016, midnight, EST.
- 5 professional development work sessions with LEIMAY Artistic Directors
- up to eight hours per week of studio use
- participation in annual SOAK festival
- access to Material for the Arts supplies
- access to free wifi and a video projector
- conectom features for classes/workshops/performances inside CAVE and any performances outside of CAVE as well as an opportunity to create a hub for your company’s internal communication
- bi-monthly inclusion of activities on LEIMAY’s email newsletter
- discounts for performances at CAVE and LEIMAY Ludus workshops
Artists are responsible to pay a flat monthly fee of $325 for the full duration of the Fellowship.
ABOUT THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORK SESSIONS:
Throughout the one year fellowship period, LEIMAY artistic directors will share their experiences of self-producing work through a series of roundtable work sessions covering topics that will empower small companies to create a sustainable practice without compromising their work.
Working sessions will be structured as follows:
- Sharing Your Practice
- Institutional Marketing & Project Marketing
- IT Resources For Small Companies
- Creating a Budget & Fundraising
- Resource Sharing & Cultivating Your Community
ABOUT ACCESS TO THE WHITE STUDIO:
Each Fellow will have UP TO 8 hours per week to use the space. The studio will be made available weekdays from 9am-6pm, and weekends from 9am-10pm. Chosen fellows will be able to use the studio for a maximum of 36 hours per month.
ABOUT THE WHITE STUDIO:
LEIMAY’s White Studio at CAVE is an 800 square foot (19ft X 40ft) white space with sprung wood floor and 16 ft ceilings with skylights to bring in natural light, and is equipped with a VCR, DVD, monitor, and stereo system, folding chairs and a table, a dressing area, and an adjacent restroom. The space is heated during the winter and has fans for the summer. Chosen artists will be responsible for self-management and keeping the studio clean.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill out and submit the application form by August 19th, 2016.
More detailed description of LEIMAY Fellowship expectations and support HERE
MORE QUESTIONS? Please contact info(at)leimay(dot)org if you have further questions.