ABOUT THE LEIMAY Fellowship:
Fellowship- Friendly association, esp. with people who share one’s interests.
Through this Fellowship, LEIMAY aims to provide an arena for artistic exploration, resource sharing and professional development to the local community of dancers, choreographers, interdisciplinary artists, and body-workers; all who seek the space to create and share their work in a supportive environment of fellow artists.
The next LEIMAY Fellowship period begins October 1st, 2015 and ends September 30th 2016. Duration of the Fellowship is 1 whole year.
Deadline to submit your online application closes August 15th 2105, midnight, Eastern Standard Time.
- 6 professional development work sessions with LEIMAY Artistic Directors
- up to ten hours per week of studio use for regular rehearsals and to hold classes (see schedule details)
- performance opportunity in annual SOAK festival
- access to Material for the Arts supplies
- opportunities to share and contribute admin resources via LEIMAY wiki
- access to free wifi, a computer, one small camcorder and one video projector (for in-studio use only)
- conectom features for classes/workshops/performances inside CAVE and any performances outside of CAVE as well as opportunities to showcase your portfolio and to create a hub for your company internal communication
- bi-monthly inclusion of activities on LEIMAY’s email newsletter
- access to LEIMAY Fellows Membership perks which include a 10% off coupon code for LEIMAY Ludus Training, a 15% off coupon code for extra White Studio use (rehearsals, classes and workshops only), and a 40% off coupon code for performances at CAVE. (For a full list of perks, click here).
Artists are responsible to pay a flat monthly fee of $300 for the full duration of the Fellowship.
ABOUT THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORK SESSIONS:
Throughout the one year fellowship period, LEIMAY artistic directors will share their experiences of self-producing work through a series of roundtable work sessions covering topics that will empower small companies to create a sustainable practice without compromising their work.
Working sessions will be structured as follows:
- Institutional Marketing
- Project Marketing
- Making a Budget
- Resourcefulness & Resources Sharing
- IT Resources For Small Companies
- Your Craft / Your Community
ABOUT ACCESS TO THE WHITE STUDIO:
Each Fellow will have 8 hours per week to use the space. The studio will be made available weekdays from 9am-6pm, and weekends from 9am-10pm. So you will be able to use the studio UP TO 36 hours per month.
ABOUT THE STUDIO AVAILABLE TO FELLOWS:
LEIMAY’s White Studio at CAVE is an 800 square foot (19ft X 40ft) white space with sprung wood floor and 16 ft ceilings with skylights to bring in natural light, and is equipped with a VCR, DVD, monitor, and stereo system, folding chairs and a table, a dressing area, and an adjacent restroom. The space is heated during the winter and has fans for the summer. Chosen artists will be responsible for self-management and keeping the studio clean.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill out and submit the application form by August 15st.
Please contact cavemanager(at)leimay(dot)org with any questions.