Call for Dancers, Choreographers, Actors, Performance Artists, Directors, Body-Workers, Dance Companies, Theater Groups, and Performance Groups
ABOUT THE LEIMAY Fellowship:
Fellowship- Friendly association, esp. with people who share one’s interests.
Through this Fellowship, LEIMAY aims to provide an arena for artistic exploration, resource sharing and professional development to the local community of dancers, choreographers, interdisciplinary artists, and body-workers; all who seek the space to create and share their work in a supportive environment of fellow artists.
The LEIMAY Fellowship lasts for 12 months; the next Fellowship period begins October 1st, 2017 and ends September 30th 2018.
Final deadline for the online application closes August 10th 2017, midnight, EST.
- 5 resource sharing and professional development sessions with LEIMAY Artistic Directors
- up to eight hours per week of studio use
- access to Material for the Arts supplies
- access to in-house video projector
- conectom features for classes/workshops/performances and online platform to create a hub for your company’s internal communication
- inclusion of activities on LEIMAY’s email newsletter
- discounts for performances at CAVE and LEIMAY LUDUS Classes, Labs, and Intensives
Artists are responsible to pay a monthly fee of $325 for each of the 12 months of the Fellowship.
ABOUT THE RESOURCE SHARING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SESSIONS:
Throughout the one year fellowship period, LEIMAY artistic directors are available to share their experiences of self-producing work through a series of roundtable work sessions covering topics that will empower small companies to create a sustainable practice without compromising their work.
Topics for working sessions will be decided with all fellowship members at the beginning of the fellowship cycle. Topics will be selected depending on interest level amongst fellows. Previous and example topics include:
- Sharing Your Practice
- Institutional Marketing & Project Marketing
- IT Resources For Small Companies
- Creating a Budget & Fundraising
- Resource Sharing & Cultivating Your Community
ABOUT ACCESS TO THE WHITE STUDIO:
Each Fellow will have UP TO 8 hours per week to use the space. The studio will be made available weekdays from 9am-6pm, and weekends from 9am-10pm. Chosen fellows will be able to use the studio for a maximum of 36 hours per month.
ABOUT THE WHITE STUDIO:
LEIMAY’s White Studio at CAVE is a 750 square foot (19ft X 40ft) white space with sprung wood floor and 16 ft ceilings with skylights to bring in natural light, and is equipped with a VCR, DVD, monitor, and stereo system, folding chairs and a table, a dressing area, and an adjacent restroom. The space is heated during the winter and has fans for the summer. Chosen artists will be responsible for self-management and keeping the studio clean.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill out and submit the application form by August 10th, 2017.
More detailed description of LEIMAY Fellowship expectations and support HERE
MORE QUESTIONS? Please contact email@example.com.