Call for Dancers, Choreographers, Actors, Performance Artists, Directors, Body-Workers, Dance Companies, Theater Groups, and Performance Groups
ABOUT THE LEIMAY Fellowship:
Fellowship- Friendly association, esp. with people who share one’s interests.
Through this Fellowship, LEIMAY aims to cultivate an arena for artistic exploration and resource sharing through a full year studio-share offered to a local community of dancers, choreographers, interdisciplinary artists, and body-workers; all who seek the space to create and share their work in a supportive environment of fellow artists.
The LEIMAY Fellowship lasts for 12 months; the next Fellowship period begins October 1st, 2017 and ends September 30th 2018.
Final deadline for the online application closes August 10th 2017, midnight, EST.
- Three resource sharing sessions with LEIMAY Artistic Directors and Fellows. Session structure is decided by the group at the beginning of the Fellowship. Past sessions have focused on practice sharing, methods for self-production, work outreach, and community development.
- Up to eight hours per week of regular studio use.
- Access to Material for the Arts supplies.
- Access to in-house video projector.
- conectom features for classes/workshops/performances and online platform to create a hub for your company’s internal communication.
- Inclusion of activities on LEIMAY’s email newsletter.
- Discounts for performances at CAVE and LEIMAY LUDUS Classes, Labs, and Intensives.
Artists are responsible to pay a monthly fee of $325 for each of the 12 months of the Fellowship.
ABOUT ACCESS TO THE LEIMAY STUDIO:
Each Fellow will have UP TO 8 hours per week to use the space. The studio will be made available weekdays from 9am-6pm, and weekends from 9am-10pm. Chosen fellows will be able to use the studio for a maximum of 36 hours per month.
ABOUT THE LEIMAY STUDIO:
LEIMAY’s Studio at CAVE is a 750 square foot (19ft X 40ft) white space with sprung wood floor and 16 ft ceilings with skylights to bring in natural light, and is equipped with a VCR, DVD, monitor, and stereo system, folding chairs and a table, a dressing area, and an adjacent restroom. The space is heated during the winter and has fans for the summer. Chosen artists will be responsible for self-management and keeping the studio clean.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill out and submit the application form by August 10th, 2017.
More detailed description of LEIMAY Fellowship expectations and support HERE
MORE QUESTIONS? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.