Dear Friend of LEIMAY,
There are times in our artistic work when we feel we have reached a tipping point, those times when the next move into uncharted territory is sitting on the horizon, waiting for us to step into it. We are glad to say that the footsteps to our growth are clear to us. LEIMAY has always stood for this liminal moment, the changing of the tides, of eras, yet at this period specifically, we are poised to make our move toward a bigger audience reach, wider recognition, and stronger bonds with the ecology of people surrounding us. It is for this reason that we are asking for your support for our ongoing and upcoming programs, activities and works.
Patrons of the arts, especially in this country, belong to a strong and visionary history. Oftentimes the ones behind great art movements, they are the ones supporting the pioneering spirit of artists reaching into new dimensions. It is clear to us that USA artists have a symbiotic relationship with their supporters, sharing creativity, inspiration, and motivation. We would like to invite you to join in our specific history while also joining in the grander history of enterprising individuals supporting culture throughout NYC.
We are specially looking for individuals to contribute to LEIMAY Programs at CAVE Fund and/or to join LEIMAY Works Patron Circle. We also welcome pro-bono professional services and volunteers. In addition we have a wish list of goods that you might want to contribute.
WHY SUPPORTING THE ARTS?
- Because art reminds us of what we each have to offer, and what we all have in common, regardless of race, gender or age; art help us understand our history and imagine our future; it give us hope in the moments of struggle; and it bring us together when nothing else will.
- Because arts buildings lift the spirits, create symbols that people identify with, and give identity to places that may not have one.
- The arts link society to its past, a people to its inherited store of ideas, images and words; yet the arts challenge those links in order to find ways of exploring new paths and ventures. The arts are evolutionary and revolutionary; they listen, recall and lead.
- Where the arts start, jobs follow and economy circulates.
- Because art questions the way we look at the world; because it offers different explanations of that world … A nation without arts and without art patrons would be a nation that had stopped talking to itself, stopped dreaming, and had lost interest in the past and lacked curiosity about the future.
WHO IS LEIMAY?
LEIMAY is the artistic work of the duo Ximena Garnica and Shige Moriya as well as the organization that has been a pioneer of the Williamsburg experimental art scene since 1996. LEIMAY (CAVE Organization, Inc) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization registered in New York City since 2003.
WHAT DOES LEIMAY DO?
LEIMAY tours, exhibits, produces, and develops artistic works ranging from sculptural, video, and light installations to photography, training projects and contemporary performances. LEIMAY stimulates dialogue on contemporary performance, installation and visual art.
WHAT KIND OF PROGRAMS DOES LEIMAY DO?
- Presenting and Curating program – opportunities for local choreographers, performers and visual artists to perform and exhibit work alongside international guest artists. Current opportunities are at the annual festival SOAK and the AT HOME series at CAVE, as well as the festival CUERPOS AL BORDE in Mexico City.
- LEIMAY Ludus Training program – a platform for developing a non-codified training practice for artists working within the realm of physically rooted performance, and teaching residency opportunities for emerging and established performance, voice, and butoh artists.
- conectom – a free online artist and audience network and online publication which maps the connections between the expanding field of time-base arts, its creators, and its enthusiasts.Past programs included the New York Butoh Festival (2003-2009) and the 10-year visual art gallery exhibitions at CAVE (1996-2006)
We invite you to make history and to imagine the future with us. Though art may not change the world, it changes the ways people interpret and perceive the world, an act that on its own creates a new world. Join us in our growing universe.
LEIMAY is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization, thus your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the law.
Click here to make a secure online donation here. You may also send us a check payable to: CAVE Organization, Inc. 58 Grand Street | Brooklyn, NY 11249.
You can give online or by post, you can select the specific fund that you would like to support: 1)LEIMAY Programs at CAVE Fund, 2) LEIMAY Works Patron Circle. Click on each of the funds names to learn about the levels of engagement. If your donation is not specified, we will treat your donation as “general donation”. Thus, we will split your donation according to our discretion into our projects (both programs and artistic works), as well as into our general operating needs.
If you have any question please contact Georgia Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org